Our honey products base on traditions, that go all the way back to 1921. Apiculture was originally a family business, developed through generations.
- In the 80s and early 90s, Knud Hvam's honey production grew with increased sales for the retail industry. Based on a wish to offer the retail industry honey, produced in accordance with good professional traditions, combined with excellent commercial insight, Jan Jakobsen and Knud Hvam founded Jakobsen & Hvam A/S in 1996. Since then, the company has grown to be one of Scandinavia'a leading honey producers.
- In 2001, the company built a new factory and were also BRC certified. Investments in new process equipment are ongoingly made and makes the factory a state-of-the-art and efficient production facility.
- In 2008, Knud Hvam left the company and in 2010, Helle Reinevald joined the group of owners along with Jan Jakobsen.
- In the summer of 2011, the company changed name to: Jakobsens A/S – and the product name was changed to Jakobsens, in order to reinforce the competitiveness in Denmark and abroad, as well as create a stronger brand.
- In 2012, Helle Reinevald acquired the company from Jan Jakobsen as part of a planned alternation of generations.
- Based on a wish to service customers in Norway optimally with importet honey, Jakobsens launched a division in Norway in 2012.
- In 2013, Jakobsens established a subsidiary in Sweden by the name of ”Gårdshonung” with Swedish partners. Gårdshonung aims to be a locally embedded brand in Sweden, whereas Jakobsens formerly used to supply on private label. See www.gardshonung.se
- In 2017 Jakobsens takes over Aulumgård (Denmark's largest buyer of Danish honey)
- In 2017 Jakobsens A/S acquires the remaining shares of Gårdshonung AB and becomes sole owner of the company
- The company Gårdshonung AB is closed down in 2018. Jakobsens still owns the trademark Gårdshonung, which is used for all honey products sold in Sweden.
Today, Jakobsens is the main supplier of honey to the Danish retail industry. We further export our products to a wide range of retail chains and catering companies all over Europe.